Friday, August 26, 2011

Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares

As I started reading this book it was quickly apparent that the girls of her previous books in the ‘Traveling Pants’ series should be fully grown up. They are 29 years old! Yet it also became quickly apparent that the characters are all stuck in time and unable to make any real definitive steps forward in their lives without having the three others there to hold their hands or urge them forward.
I really did enjoy reading this novel, but I don’t think the characters have matured as much as I would expect of women nearing the age of 30.
There was a lot of emotional upheaval and a HUGELY traumatic death that shook them all to the core. I found myself understanding their feelings having recently lost Mom, though their loss was a much younger person. (I won’t tell here and possibly spoil it for my readers).
If you’ve either read the previous ‘Sisterhood’ books by Brashares or if you saw the movie based on those books, then by all means you must read this one!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home