Friday, August 19, 2011

The Art of Racing in the Rain
by Garth Stein
One of the members of our book discussion group picked this book several months ago and I was almost dreading the time when I would need to actually read it. I knew it was about race car driving and was told from the perspective of a dog. The dog's perspective was actually wonderful! Enzo, the dog was a philospher and was loyal to his owner, Denny, who yearned to become a professional race car driver. Through the book we learn of Denny's trials in marriage and life and how his skills as a driver help to guide him thru all the obstacles in his way. Enzo finally ends up dying (as all dogs are doomed to death in novels)but the ending is hope-filled and left me feeling glad that I had read the book. Thank you, Vivian (who recommended that we read and discuss this title)!

2 Comments:

At 6:39 PM , Blogger Joyce Block CZT said...

This was one of my favorite books . . .looking at things from a dog's point of view was a little different.

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger Joyce Block CZT said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home