Tuesday, June 07, 2011

The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown

I couldn’t help thinking of how the three sisters in this book might be similar to my mother and her two sisters even though they are a couple of generations apart. Whenever there are three females in a household, however, there have to be some of these same sibling rivalries, comparisons and insecurities. The oldest is always the one who takes on the role of the bossypants (Roselyn in the book and my Aunt Margaret); the youngest wants to break free and do something that the older ones wouldn’t dream of (Cordelia in the book and my mother), and the middle girl has to be more beautiful or something to be noticed (Bianca in the book and my Aunt Lois). But in the end they love each other and depend on each other more than they would ever admit. This was a sweet book and I would recommend it for readers who enjoy a character-driven novel about family relationships. The Shakespeare references were fun, too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home