Wednesday, September 09, 2009

I've been working on two books in the past week just as the school year is getting started. It's hard to find enough time to sit and read so I'm only half-way thru reading The Faith Club by Ranya Idliby, Suzanne Oliver and Priscilla Warner for my book group meeting tonight. I hope others have finished it and will be able to lead the discussion! More on that one later.

The second book of the week has been My Life in France by Julia Child (and her nephew). I listened to it as I commuted from home to school and back and as I worked outside watering and tending the landscaping plants we've just spent a fortune on. I just love Julia Child! I'm kicking myself for ignoring her show back in the 60's - 80's when it was on television regularly. I'll never have the ambition (or patience) to cook as carefully and skillfully as she describes, but her spirited approach to cooking and life is infectious! I want to try at least a few French recipes!!



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home