Sunday, July 19, 2009

One of my favorite quotes is by Francois Mauriac ~ "Tell me what you read and I'll tell you who you are... but I'd know you better if you told me what you reread."



Here is a list of some of my favorite Picture Books... the ones I love to reread. If you would know me - read these books:

(Just a note: Just because they are picture books, it doesn't always mean they are written for children!)

Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse - Kevin Henkes

Mr. & Mrs. God in the Creation Kitchen - Nancy Wood

Sorry - Jean Van Leeuwen

Bub or the Very Best Thing - Natalie Babbitt

The King's Equal - Katherine Paterson

Stellaluna - Janell Cannon

You Are Special - Max Lucado

Fireflies, Peach Pies & Lullabies - Virginia Kroll

Who Came Down That Road - George Ella Lyon

Flotsam - David Wiesner

The Secret of Saying Thanks - Douglas Wood

Fanny's Dream - Caralyn Buehner

Love You Forever - Robert Munsch

The Runaway Bunny - Margaret Wise Brown

Christmas in the Trenches - John McCutcheon

Old Turtle - Douglas Wood

Tadpole's Promise - Jeanne Willis







Another favorite quotation: "The art of reading is in great part that of acquiring a better understanding of life from one's encounter with it in a book. ~ Andre Maurois

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home