Saturday, April 07, 2012

“So many books… so little time” they say! Taking time for reading is not the big problem, though; finding time to blog about them seems to be much harder! So here – quickly – is a synopsis of my latest reads.
Venetia Kelly’s Traveling Show – by Frank Delaney: This was wonderful! I love Frank Delaney’s narrative about the colorful characters of his native Ireland. And listening to his voice reading the book is heavenly. I sure hope they come up with an audio version of the next two books in the series soon (with him reading).
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – by Ransom Riggs: I had read quite a few favorable reviews about this book and expected it to be better. Not only was the fantasy a bit too far-fetched, but the protagonists just weren’t compelling enough.
The Search Committee – by Tim Owens: I knew I had to read this book when I found out that it was about a Presbyterian church committee who were assigned to search for a new pastor for their congregation. I know something about that situation! Anyway, the book was about the people and their lives and it was humorous and warm and I thoroughly enjoyed it and will recommend it to all my Presbyterian friends. (Those of other denominations will likely enjoy it, too!)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home