Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Books as gifts – what could be better! For Christmas and my recent birthday I received three new books, none of which a “normal” adult would purchase for herself, yet real keepsakes that I put on my wish list for Santa. I know I will enjoy them and pass them along to my grandchildren eventually.
• Harry Potter Poster Book: Inside the Magical World – Ultimate Collector’s Edition
• Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey
• Encyclopedia Mythologica: Fairies and Magical Creatures Pop-Up
I’m in heaven! The pop-up is another of the extremely creative, artistic and architectural wonders from Matthew Reinhart and Robert Sabuda – the masters of pop-up books.
The poster book is going to be desecrated as I remove the posters to use with the kids who come to my library programs, but I’ll try to hang on to some of them for the grands.
The Filmmaking Journey book is 540 pages and weighs 7.5 lbs! I don’t recommend buying it online ‘cause the shipping charge would be really ‘weighty’! I sat and leafed through this book looking at the photos and barely reading any of the text for about two hours last evening and only got about halfway through it! It will keep me (and any other HP fan) busy for many hours!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home