Friday, December 23, 2011

The Weed that Strings the Hangman’s Bag
by Alan Bradley
This was the other audiobook that I listened to on my road trip, but I didn’t get to finish it until I was wrapping Christmas presents yesterday. The wrapping task was made much more pleasant as I enjoyed the lilting British voice of Jayne Entwistle narrating this charming mystery told by a ten-year-old detective named Flavia de Luce. Flavia is far more cunning and brilliant than any ten (almost 11) year old has ever been! She can go where grown-ups would be suspect and snoop on everyone in the community without arousing suspicion. She can seem innocent while plotting to poison her older sisters. She can wrap her elders around her little finger!
Perhaps she is really Miss Marple reincarnated!
I loved it and will now look for more in the series.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home